During this celebrated time of giving and receiving, I thank you for your readership. No matter where you are in the world, I know your time and energy are at a premium. That is why this post focuses on a simple way for you to gain more time while your energy re-charges and renews itself.
- You multi-task routinely - in meetings, on conference calls, while driving in stop and go rush hour traffic.
- You dash from meeting to meeting - never feeling fully prepared or very present.
- You work late, race home, deal with dinner, carve out some time for children and spouse - feeling tired, overwhelmed and guilty.
- You work during the late night hours - trying to catch up on critical priorities.
- You feel like your work and life are spinning out of control.
End the Madness!
If any of this sounds familiar, use this 1-Minute Life Balance Practice to regain a sense of perspective and control. It helps you maintain your sense of what works for you so you enjoy more of your holidays.
Take a moment to t-r-a-n-s-i-t-i-o-n...between:
- Attention demanding and energy draining tasks at work
- Serial and back-to-back meetings
- Leaving work and arriving at home
- Dealing with dinner and sitting down at a table to eat it - whether alone or with family
- Late night work and finally ending your work day (or work night)
- Letting go of whatever didn’t work during the day or night and relaxing so you can rest while you sleep
Give yourself permission to pause for just a minute. Take 3 long, slow deep breaths. Just notice your breath. Feel your breath flowing in and out of your body. Relax into that flow. Allow yourself to get comfortable and feel centered in your body as your energy renews itself. Slipping into this still space of being in 'the in-between' frees your focus to shift naturally to a new place of attention. You are in the PRESENT moment where you can t-r-a-n-s-i-t-i-o-n with less resistance (and regrets) - feeling calmer. Now you are ready for what's next...and in control of what you can control.
In celebration of our shared and bountiful gratitude, Happy Thanksgiving! I cherish and treasure the wonder that is YOU.